Friday, May 30, 2008
Modelmaking 001 - Olivia Muir
Welcome to Modelmaking, a regular post where we sing the praises of emerging models from NZ and abroad. This week it is Olivia Muir, an emerging star at 62 Models & Talent in Auckland. Her first appearance [in art mag Prix Choc] saw her photographed by esteemed artist Marti Friedlander. Less than a month later and she could be seen gracing the pages of Glenn & Amanda Hunt's new mag, 1 AM. It's early days but we have no doubt the girl is going places.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Great, great songs number 1
Sleeping Lessons by The Shins. Why oh why is it so short? Has anyone done a remix? Please make it longer....
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Top Ten This Week At Black HQ
1. LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver [album] - it may have come out last year but's it's still fucking cool.
2. The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing [album] - they look good and sound better
3. The Notwist - Good Lies - sounds like the great lost Flying Nun song
4. Lanterns On The Lake - I Will Lay You Down - and you can, any time...
5. Keane - Under Pressure - cover of the year? Q & B would be proud
6. The Charlatans - Misbegotten - comeback of the year?
7. Cloud Cult - Everybody Here Is A Cloud - clouds rule.
8. DJ Sunderland - Supermassive Mandy - remix, remix, remix.
9. Caesars - No Tomorrow - new rock, cool style
10. Kevin Drew - F-cked Up Kids - not really that fucked up at all
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
She's A Model and she's on Our Cover
Not many, if any New Zealand magazine's can lay claim to the type of cover girls that Black has showcased. Our next issue, due out July 21 in New Zealand will feature one of the world's most unique supermodels, Canadian Heather Marks. She is one of a group of supermodels, including Gemma Ward and Devon Aoki who have elfin-like features and outlandishly large eyes. She has featured on no less than eleven Vogue covers to date but we think her next cover is the best yet.
Haeri Mai, haere mai...
Kia ora. This is the first official post of Blacklog, the online blog of Black Magazine and our contributors. We thought we'd simply put up a nice picture from Issue 8 - shot by Tim White and styled by Rachael Churchward. Grouse...
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)