Thursday, April 2, 2009

Louise Pedersen - Au Courant and Timeless


One of the things we love about Models.com is the occasional insight into the on-set goings-on of a fashion shoot. We remember seeing this campaign a few years back and thinking how cool it was of Gucci to take a risk as it were. The model, Louise Pedersen, a chameleon if ever there was one, is back on the catwalk after walking for Givenchy at Paris AW09 amidst a sea of recent supermodels. MDC's Of The Minute interviewer Janelle quizzes her about the Mario Testino Gucci shot above and Louise explains the mood of the day "The Gucci campaign was my first big job. One of my favorite photographers, Mario Testino shot it. It was Mario that got me started, I remember the first time I went to see him he asked me to walk. Obviously I wasn’t very good at it and he smirked. Tom Ford had the great idea to shave a G in my pubic hair, I knew both Tom Pecheux and Orlando Pita from the shows, and they definitely knew me a little better at the end of the day…The ad was banned in a few countries, and some people argued that it was degrading to women. I think, if anything, it was quite the opposite." Here's Louise in one of our favourite I-D covers...